Free background from VintageMadeForYou

03 March 2012

Relax and Thanks a latte

This time of year I am thinking about Spring Break and dreaming of all the places that I could go.  Of course, I am dreaming of palm tree type surroundings, and possibly a theme park where one would find a magical wand toted by a young wizard; or maybe a land of enchantment with a mouse.  However, this card was as close as I could get...a balmy palm tree on a card.  It was fun to use these new stamps by Stampin UP! (well they are new to me, and they were never used.  I bought them at a yard sale for $5).  
 I have used Stampin UP! ink in Chocolate Chip and Close to my Heart ink in Clover Meadow as well as Walnut Stain Distress ink.  The florish stamps are from Technique Tuesday and all the papers are from my scrapbin.  The brads are by Paper Studio.  All the edges are trimmed in Iced Spruce Distress ink. 

For my this Spring Break dream card I used this weeks CR84FN colors of yellow, kraft and gray.  I am not usually a fan of yellow, but I have to say that I have been pleased with the yellow cards I have made lately.  This one just makes me calm, the next one is the one that I love.....


I love coffee, lattes, cappuccinos,hot teas, and the like and this card was inspired by my new Keurig machine.  The stamps from the letters are from the $1 bin at the Dollar Tree.  I watch Morning Joe and I love his coffee stain on his logo, I have been looking for a stamp of a coffee stain for quite some time and finally found one in a Close to my Heart catalog.  It is sooooo cute!!!! The heart stamp is from Inkadinkadoo.  The card base is inked in walnut stain distress ink, spritzed with water, then with Java walnut spray ink.  Coffee stain is stamped in Chocolate Chip by Stampin UP!.  All edges are trimmed in Iced Spruce Distress ink.  The cup is my own creation.  I look forward to sending this card to one of my coffee friends.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Michelle! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the coffee ring and cup - such fun! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun