Free background from VintageMadeForYou

15 April 2012

Blessed!!!

Today's posting is all about choices.  I was thinking about the choices that I have made.  I guess in friends.  I was thinking about friendship and the people that were there for me when Henry (Grandpa) died.  There were some people that I expected to come to the visitation and did not.  Then there were those that I thought might come but would not and they DID!  Then there were those that true friends.  Friends I have had for over 20 years.  Friends I feel like I have let down in the past and won't do that again.  God has shown me much in the last two weeks.  He has shown me that I can do things that I did not think I could.  He gave me the ability to tell someone I love that it was okay to quit fighting.  He gave me the ability to promise I would care for my mother-in-law and mean it.  He comforted us during a very hard spring break.  He gave my mother-in-law a blissfully aware attitude to be able to cope with the funeral.  And He showed me that I have put my trust and love in the wrong place.  That I needed to shift what I was doing and who I was doing it with and realize that I have made the right choices by following His will and I need to continue to do so.  I am going to try not to look back at mistakes I have made but look ahead to the good that I can do.  I am have made so many boo-boos, I should learn from them and not repeat them.  I intend to do just that.  I am focusing on truth and not falsehoods.  

I am blessed!!!


To get the looks below:

Patterned paper-K&Co I believe it's Bailey
Pink card stock- open stock from Hobby Lobby
Cream card stock-Bazzil
Doily from a local supermarket
Pocket watch chipboard-Bo Bunny
Ink-Distress inks in Spun Sugar, Frayed Burlap,and Old Paper
Flower from something my father-in-law bought from Publisher's Clearing House
Girl stamp-Hot off the Press Vintage Ladies
Butterfly Chipboard-Oriental Trading
Stickles-Distress Stickles in Picket Fence, Spun Sugar, Vintage Photo, Black Soot and Gold




 





5 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, thanks so much for visiting me. It is always a pleasure to meet a new friend. My condolences on the loss of your grandfather and I am glad that there were special friends to walk beside you during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Michelle! Great mix of patterned papers! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Michelle, such pretty papers, and a fab take on the sketch.
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele, LOVE the pretty papers and the stop watch and image and butterfly! So PRETTY! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!