Free background from VintageMadeForYou

27 April 2012

I have confidence in paper scraps

This was a self imposed challenge.  Something to get my creatives waves flowing and something that I would not allow myself to spend bunches of time on.  I limited myself to 2 minutes per card and only to the papers, embellishments that were in a canvas box.  You can tell that I have been heavily influenced by the Titanic and once again that love has spilled over into my cards.

The first could have been a card that was in the writing room on the Titanic. Maybe the lady in the photo was a passenger.  Did she make it or not?  Quite possibly she did and this is a thank you card she sent to the captain of the Carpathia?????   
And the second card?  Maybe it is a photo from the newspaper articles written on the Titanic?  Maybe a photo of a family that did not make it?  Or a photo of a family where the kids survived and were now orphans?  

The last card is my favorite.  I think this girl is so happy to be doing whatever it is she is doing.  Maybe going on to a new life?  Marrying the man of her dreams?  Leaving Ireland for some greener pastures?   She is living her life NOW!


The stamp and the photo of the lady are by Tim Holtz.  All inks are by Tim Holtz.  The papers are scraps but they are combos of K&Co, Making Memories, and Recollections.  The Thank You stamp is by Fiskars. The flower stamp and pennant punch are by Stampin UP! String by DMC. 


What did I learn from this challenge?  That sometimes art doesn't have to take all day to be nice.  That sometimes I should trust my instincts and just go with my intuition while crafting.  Be confident in myself. 

Today I had a Bible verse on my mind, it might have something to do with my creations...it might just be another of my ramblings....Philippians 1:6
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!