Free background from VintageMadeForYou

29 April 2012

The Yellow Tag

By Nature I am NOT a fan of the color yellow.  Today I was trying to think outside the box.  Outside the box means DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR YELLOW PRODUCTS!.  I made four tags from white cardstock that I had lying around the house (scrap pieces).  I then took Crushed Olive, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey inks and dabbled them a bit onto the tags.  After that dried I took my Michelle's Musings Caribbean Sunshine Yellow and Pumpkin Soup Orange spray inks and sprayed onto the tags.  After that dried I began to layer stamps.  Layers upon layers of stamps.  The makers include:
7 gypsies
Hampton Arts
Hero Arts
Tim Holtz
Technique Tuesday
Hot off the Press
Close to My Heart
Fiskars

I also used many different types of inks these include:
Black stazon
Red Stazon
Yellow Stazon
Distress embossing ink
Distress ink Vintage Photo
Fired Brick
Iced Spruce
Black Soot
Worn Lipstick
Evergreen Bough

I also used white distress powder from JoAnn's

When the inks were dry I decided to mist the tags with Michelle's Musings Sterling Silver shimmer spray and once again let it dry.

I mounted 2 of them in my art journal and 2 I have saved for cards.






I have to admit, I did not create this idea.  I scraplifted it.  The idea was on a new site that I discovered from one of my fave sites (Gingersnap Creations)  This one is full of ideas and tips.  Check it out.
www.http://unrulypaperarts.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!