Free background from VintageMadeForYou

27 May 2012

Time to create

For the first time in my working life, I actually have a relaxing summer. It is sort of strange, something I am not used to having. I have many goals for this summer...

Seal the driveway
Stain the deck
Repair broken lattice on the deck
Paint my bathroom cabinet
Paint my kitchen
Install new windows
Paint the eaves of the house
Cut down some trees
Buy some patio furniture
Fix my front sidewalk
Paint the concrete leading into the garage
Repair nicks in the living room paint
Install a bathroom fan
Install new gutters on the front of the house
Stain kitchen cabinets
Replace a rotten deck board
Get the plumber out to work on the pipes

3 days into summer (I am only working on "work days" Monday-Friday...my weekends are still MY time) and we (John and I) have gotten the driveway done (we are just waiting to drive on it), I have replaced the lattice and I have painted the bathroom cabinet.  Doing good so far.


Today card was made because of the extra time that I have in the mornings. I decided to make some string art (for this weeks Mojo Monday sketch) while I was waiting to go to work one am.  I was  thinking about all the extra time and how it was a gift and I was so grateful for it. 




The patterned paper is all by K&Co
The blue line on the white cardstock was hand drawn using a Martha Stewart pen
The white cardstock is by Recollections
String by DMC flower thread (no longer made) 597
Embossed strip by my Big Kick using a Cuttlebug embossing folder
Blue Bayou ink by Stampin UP! 

A parting quote for me, the restless one....
Make use of time, let not advantage slip.
William Shakespeare

Because I had extra paper left from the 12x12 page, I made two more cards (trying hard not to leave scraps) 

Hello card uses Technique Tuesday stamp Petite Posies for both the Hello and the dots
It also features K&Co patterned paper, DMC flower thread in 597 and white cardstock by Recollections


Best Wishes features a Spellbinders scalloped oval cut, Best Wishes stamp is by Fiskars.  Papers....white cardstock by Recollections, green from a kit I purchased at CKC, and patterned paper by K&Co


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun