Free background from VintageMadeForYou

05 May 2012

Adelle Baby Stool

I have had this stool done for a couple of weeks, but I could not post about it until I have gifted it.  I was trying to make a unique baby gift but could not think of anything.  One Saturday in March my mom and I went to JoAnn's in Nashville and my mission was to find something unique and FUN to make.  I looked at bags, albums, wall hangings...none of that really fit the bill.  I went down the wood aisle because I was looking for an easel and there it was a naked little stool just waiting to be purchased.  

I had already talked to the mom and found out that the colors were in the pastel family so this was going to be easy I was going to make an "old" step stool that Adelle could use as she grows up.

I started with the stool naked. It needed a little sanding so I took care of that first.  Then came on the paint.  I used all Apple Barrel paints today. In minty green, yellow, carnation pink, baby blue, and white. After I painted it I used (what else?) Tim Holtz distress inks, giving it an aged look.  All the collage materials are things I have been finding and collecting...from books, yard sales, the trash bin at McKay's and stuff around my house.







On this stool, I thought I should make the college flat.  This way Adelle could use it.  Hopefully, she will use it for many many years.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!