Free background from VintageMadeForYou

21 October 2018

Raindrops on Roses, and Whiskers on Kittens

I am 100% a list maker.  I love those little books and surveys that ask about your favorite things, activities and days.  I think they are so much fun and trigger memories when you read them a few years later because as new things are introduced here on this earth, your favorites shift.  That is why I constantly make new lists.  Normally I do a page in my planner (I still call it "calendar") of all my favorites from this past year (song, album, tv show, book, etc...)


Today I was going to list the items I don't feel I could live without being on my person (as of RIGHT NOW). I am going to put links under each one so you can buy one too :) 


1. My favorite possession is my Kindle Voyage with 3G (until I upgrade to the waterproof Oasis).  I go everywhere with this thing.  He (I call him Thomas) has been to Alaska a few times, all over the Caribbean and the Atlantic, to Canada, ballgames, concerts, etc...  I love how I can get a book anywhere (but in the middle of the Yukon and the Atlantic ocean) and I always have a book in my bag.  Amazon has discontinued the Voyage so you can only purchase a refurb version (or you can buy mine that is in excellent condition).  They have released a new version of the Paperwhite that I will link to here.  I used to own the Paperwhite and while it is fabulous, it doesn't have as clear of a screen as the Voyage (it has to do with backlighting).  I do like the size of the Paperwhite, it is like a paperback book.  Tips for buying...Special offers are really not a big deal.  They appear as a wallpaper when you open your cover and never on the text of your book.  What is a big deal to me is having 3G.  I read many books and while I load Thomas's memory with plenty of reads I end up not liking a book or what to read a particular book.  With 3G I can download wherever I am (except the middle of the ocean).  Bonus: the new Paperwhite and the Oasis are waterproof and you can listen to audiobooks. I do not have either of those capabilities on my Voyage which is why I am wanting to upgrade.  Reading on a Kindle is way better than a phone, tablet or iPad.  It is an eInk, that looks more like printed word.




2. Burt's Bees is my second favorite possession, and I have one on my person, in my purse, on my nightstand, in the kitchen, you get the picture.   I like the flavors, but I will always be partial to the original formula.  Aside from their lip balm I also adore the face soap and complexion stick.  I have become a BB's addict.






3. Another thing that I use every single day of my life is Puffs Plus with Lotion. I have terrible allergies and this is my favorite way to manage. I try not to take meds every day, so these are always close by.  I keep a box in my office, one in each car, one in every room of the house and a travel pack in my backpack.  This is the first thing I pack when I go on a trip.  I buy these in bulk at Sam's club, and when we have a cold I run to town and get the one with Vicks.

4. The Note 8 phone is also on my person.  Not because I have to be on it 24/7, but because it has many features that make my life a tad easier.  
a)  I have to count my steps for insurance (my Gear S2 won't sync for steps *dumb*) so the phone has to be in my pocket so I get the points.
b)  I also take lots of photos.  Before phones had cameras, I had to carry my Nikon in my purse at all times. I am thrilled that I no longer have to do this as I have cracked a few phone screens in my purse.
c) Adobe Draw is the reason I got the Note 8 in the first place. I can sketch wherever I am and then upload to my Cricut and cut out my design.  I can sketch the scenery where I am so I have a memory.  With the color options that I have, I can ever do a sunset.  Currently, I am mainly using it to design t-shirts and logos.  






5. I am a nail biter. I have tried so hard to stop for 46 years, but I always start right back up.  I have gotten better because I have other objects to keep me busy in "down time" (like the Kindle and phone), so now I mainly pick at the cuticles and rough spots.  If there is a rough spot on the nail I will pick and chew at it until it gets torn off. I have discovered that a Revlon metal nail file will smooth out the rough spot and stop me from chewy or picking. I always have one close at hand for this reason alone.  

                                         
There are my top five things that are always within reach....that is Five things for right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!