Free background from VintageMadeForYou

21 October 2018

Review: The Secret Wife

The Secret Wife The Secret Wife by Gill Paul
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I discovered Gill Paul last year and I like her style a lot. She has done quite a few Titanic books and I am trying hard to read them all. I discovered this book because I was trying to get a hold of Another Woman's Husband (also by Gill). I thought I would give it a whirl. This one tells a story we are familiar with Tsar Nicholas and Tsarina Alexandria of Russia. We all know they were murdered, along with their children, during the Bolsheviks revolution of Russia in 1917. We have heard that Anatasia might have lived. Well, this story chooses to let another daughter live. Her body is discovered in modern-day after the love of her life dies of old age. It is believed she was murdered and hidden in a shallow grave but upon further inspection, she died of natural causes. What they don't know is that she escaped the murder and lived with her lover as man and wife until her natural life was over. She had changed her name as had her husband. It is a sweet story and does make you long to believe that those children could have lived.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun