Free background from VintageMadeForYou

21 October 2018

Review: The Pink Suit

The Pink Suit The Pink Suit by Nicole Mary Kelby
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I looked at the suit I thought Chanel. Upon research a few years back, I learned it wasn't Chanel, it was an exact copy so that the American public would not be angered by Mrs. Kennedy using a French designer. Chez Ninon, a New York Fashion house actually did the work. Copying Chanel stitch for stitch. This book tells the story of how the house created and constructed the dress. I'm not sure if the story of Kate and the dress is real. I've never read anything about Kate and the Pink Suit, but it makes a nice story. I like how the fashion house refers to Mrs. Kennedy as "the wife".

The book ends with the story we all know, of JFK being assassinated on that November day...only the author intertwines her story with the historical events.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun