Free background from VintageMadeForYou

21 October 2018

Review: The Hamilton Affair

The Hamilton Affair The Hamilton Affair by Elizabeth Cobbs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love American History and Presidential History and I had very high hopes for this book because of that. I wish I could say it was superb because I wanted it to be. I felt that Alexander wasn't developed. If I didn't know what I knew about him would I have even liked this character? I don't think so. It would have read like any other quick read romance. I didn't know much about Eliza (and still don't) except what I know from the play which may be true or untrue (not sure). The colors of the cover and silhouetted figures remind me very much of the playbill so I am thinking maybe this was rushed to press to capitalize on the fact that we ALL want and NEED more Hamilton in our lives. I just wish this lived up to it. I did enjoy it more once I put on the soundtrack, so you might want to consider reading and listening at the same time.

My favorite parts of the book were the scenes of Jefferson (my fave) and Hamilton and Hamilton and Washington. I pretty much felt these were dead on with what I have studied of the men.

I also felt the duel scene was worthy. I actually think this is my favorite part.

I just wish I fell in love with Alexander here like I did with the play.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun