Free background from VintageMadeForYou

21 October 2018

Review: Sisi: Empress on Her Own

Sisi: Empress on Her Own Sisi: Empress on Her Own by Allison Pataki
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I listened to this book instead of reading. I am 100% certain I would have enjoyed it more to read it and soak up the words. Sometimes my mind strays when someone reads in a "sophisticated" accent. This was a very nice voice, just my mind strayed because she pronounces some words differently than I do in Kentucky. Anyhow, the story was nice. I have studied Sisi so I knew how this would end, but the ending was written in such a way that it broke my heart (and my mind did NOT stray during this part) and the way Sisi's story ended made me happy! You have to read or listen to this to tell. It was nice to finish up the story from the first novel and see what happened to her and her children as well as her hubby Franz Joseph.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun