Free background from VintageMadeForYou

21 October 2018

Review: Mademoiselle Chanel

Mademoiselle Chanel Mademoiselle Chanel by C.W. Gortner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have never been a fan of Coco, just of her designs. I thought I would give this a try because it is set in the period that I like to read about. Even though it did not change my mind about Chanel the person, it was a very enjoyable read. It read like a bio even though it was fiction. It did not portray Andre as Coco's child, as I have often read, but as her nephew; which was how he was presented to the world. Only Coco would know the real story there.

If you like the 20's-40's and fashion, you would like this book. If you are reading because you think you like Chanel....well, maybe you should rethink that and read it for some other reason. She is not an easy person to like because of her beliefs and this book does not change them to make her more likeable, and I liked that it stayed true to how CC was.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!