Free background from VintageMadeForYou

21 October 2018

Review: The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women

The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had to get this book a second time. It has haunted me a bit to know what happened to these girls and that USRC discovered what the effects of Radium could do and they covered it up. They lied in court and to medical professionals, all the while, the girl's bodies were falling apart or riddled with disease. The painful deaths the girls encountered were hard to read about because you knew it was true. The devotion of Tom Donohue is astounding ...what a wonderful husband, of course, his wife, Katherine is one of the bravest women I have ever read about. If you have not read this book, you should. It moved me like Henrietta Lacks. A must read.

I came back in 2018 because this book was still haunting me. I had to read it again. I still think it is one of the best books of 2017.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun