Free background from VintageMadeForYou

07 September 2018

Review: The Alice Network

The Alice Network The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My friend Kelly had been after me to read this book for months. I was patiently waiting my turn for the digital copy at McLib (McCracken County Public Library)...when it was my time I checked out the book immediately was sucked into the writing. I had to put it down to go to work, but I didn't want to.

The past: Evelyn is drawn into this world she never imagined, a world where she could help her country defeat the Germans in WWI, she just needs to be smart, listen carefully and fight with her conscience over what is right.

The future: Charlotte is looking for her cousin that has not been heard of since WWII ended. She enlists the assistance of a very reluctant Evelyn in finding not only her cousin but a way for Evelyn to make peace and rewrite wrongs of the past.

This book was beautifully written and the characters well developed. I was cheering for Evelyn's success in both timelines.

I can see why my friend Kelly made it her pick book of 2017. Thank you for making me read this book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun