Free background from VintageMadeForYou

28 September 2018

My Favorite TV shows (as of right now)

I make favorite lists all the time.  As new things are introduced some things will drop off the list and the new added and then there are the constant items that never leave the favorite list (like Burt's Bees chapstick.  

This is a list of my favorite TV shows.  There are a couple of shows that have been on this list since I started forming my own opinions and some I discovered a few years ago.  I generally won't add a show to my list until it comes in syndication, but there are a few exceptions.

   Let's just get going......




10. Game Shows--Game shows are so fun, very unpredictable and feature prizes!! The original Match Game and Jeopardy are my two fave game shows of all time, but I will watch a Who wants to be a Millionaire, TPIR (the price is right), 25,000 Pyramid, and Family Feud (Richard Dawson was the best).  I have a dream to be on a television game show, but I have made it to the stage of a Carnival cruise ship (and won).  

9. The Middle-this show is so much like real life.  Like the life I grew up in...kind of the life I have now.  :) It is very similar to Roseanne, but the family loves God and I like that. 

8. Parenthood and This is Us-I have always loved these family type shows. Parenthood was about a tight family that did almost everything together, brought to life an autistic character to television and had a great playlist. This is Us is a tad like Parenthood, but it has a mystery about it too.  The writing on This is Us is fantastic.  Everything you see is a clue, so don't look away. 

The only thing that I didn't like about these shows is that the characters don't seem to believe in God

7. Homicide Life on the Steet-The first time I saw this show Vincent D'Onferio was the victim, John.  He was a jerk and he had been pushed in front of a subway and was going to die.  Falsone was trying to find his girlfriend while Pembelton was trying to comfort John and solve the crime with Baylis.  By the end of the show you see the Vincent character becoming likable and the squad struggling with the fact they were talking to a dead man, they couldn't find his lady and why would someone push a human in front of a subway? I think this episode is one of the best hours of television that I have ever watched.

  The writing on this show was outstanding.  It was perfectly cast and this show introduced us to Muchkin, Detective John Munch.


6. Law and Order: Criminal Intent-A typical Law & Order with a twist.  You get into the minds of the "bad guys" as well as the law enforcement, medical examiners and the DAs.  Goren and Nichols are like Columbo always asking "one more thing".  Jeff Goldblum and Vincent were brilliant actors in this show. 

5. Seinfeld-how can you not love this show?  It is perfect, it is a bunch of nothing all together with characters that are just superficial....but it is hilarious (and super quotable)!! I bet you have some Seinfeldism in your vocabulary.


4. Dateline-I started watching this with Stone Phillips and Jane Pauley.  Then it was a news magazine of varying topics (my husband once appeared on this version).  It was a good format but would not have been on my list if they had not transformed it into what it is now.  Keith Morrision and Josh Mankiewicz are simply wonderful. Don't forget the host, Lester Holt. 

3. Mama's Family-I love this show so much. I have been trying to get it on DVD for years so I could see all the deleted scenes and the Alistar Quince openings (if you have only seen in syndication you have never seen these scenes and you have missed out). I finally got it this year (2018) and I have watched the whole series about 4 times since I brought it home.  

2. Dallas-I remember the day I fell in love with this show. I am not sure if it was first run or a repeat, but I was at my grandmother's and everyone was fighting with JR and then someone shot him!!! I was totally hooked, for life.  JR is my favorite TV show character of all time.  


1.  Law & Order (the mothership)- This has been a favorite for a very long time. I have seen every episode and I watch it almost every day of my life.  My favorite ADA is McCoy (duh).  Detective is Briscoe, followed by Green, Curtis and then Lups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!