Free background from VintageMadeForYou

13 September 2018

Review: Platinum Doll

Platinum Doll Platinum Doll by Anne Girard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book takes what is known about the unknown starlet Harlean McGrew, who is the woman that would one day become the beautiful Jean Harlow. Her relationship with her husband, Chuck is so sweet. Actually, from what I know of the Baby, this book describes her to a T. She was a kind, gentle soul. A woman by the look of things, but a child's heart who wanted nothing but to please her mother. Her mother the overbearing, controlling, domineering woman that pushed her into Hollywood, pushed her away from her first husband and pretty much ran every part of Harlean's life. This book is fictional, but reads like a non fiction and captures the spirit of the real life players perfectly and I am not just saying that because I love Jean Harlow!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!