Free background from VintageMadeForYou

13 September 2018

Review: Failing Up: How to Take Risks, Aim Higher, and Never Stop Learning

Failing Up: How to Take Risks, Aim Higher, and Never Stop Learning Failing Up: How to Take Risks, Aim Higher, and Never Stop Learning by Leslie Odom Jr.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is written as Leslie talks and I adored that about the book. It was like sitting down and having a conversation with him. In this conversation he talks to us about mentors. That was the main thing that I took away from the text. Finding that mentor, listening to them and allowing them to help guide you into being the best YOU! The second thing I took away was being active in the quest for that better you. Being your own advocate...being active in searching your path, forging that path and using God to guide you. I loved how he was tight with his family, how his wife is his shining star and how he doesn't quit. The thing I didn't like was that he rarely touched on the role that made me adore him, SMASH. That is where I discovered him and started following him, but he made up for that a bit by talking about his role in RENT (oh how I would have loved to see him in that show) and of course how Aaron Burr changed him. Great book LOJ.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!