Free background from VintageMadeForYou

13 September 2018

Review: The Traitor's Wife: The Woman Behind Benedict Arnold and the Plan to Betray America

The Traitor's Wife: The Woman Behind Benedict Arnold and the Plan to Betray America The Traitor's Wife: The Woman Behind Benedict Arnold and the Plan to Betray America by Allison Pataki
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love historical fiction about people I don't know much about....I can't compare to real history. I knew NOTHING of Peggy other than the fact she was married to Benedict before I picked this up. I haven't done any studying on her so I don't know how much of this was embellished. What I do know is I think Peggy was a little bit of a punk who may have not really loved her husband. Ok, I don't think she did. I think she saw him as a pawn she could use to get what she wanted. I think Andre was her true love.

She, Andre and Benedict tried hard to bring America to the British and get George Washington captured. I am sure they would have loved nothing more than seeing him hang. The events more right along once it is revealed there was treasonous activity in the Arnold household. I quite enjoyed how this part was written.

On the whole, I liked the book and will probably read again one day.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun