Free background from VintageMadeForYou

28 September 2018

Review: Mrs. Sinclair's Suitcase

Mrs. Sinclair's Suitcase Mrs. Sinclair's Suitcase by Louise Walters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I admit that I often check out books based on the covers and this book fell directly into that category. The lady on the cover looked mysterious and I was intrigued. I discovered while reading this book that Dorothy (Dorothea/Dot) was indeed a mysterious woman. She had secrets that changed her life and the lives of the one she loved. The book takes place in 1940 where Dot is entering her middle age and she is a married woman with no children. She is caring for 2 young women who are very hard working single girls and look to her as a big sister/mom type. Dorothy is very unhappy because of the circumstances of life, but not only does she find happiness on one level, she finds it on another and sacrifices to keep it. I LOVED that part of the story. I didn't see it happening at first, but when it did I thought how creative the writer was to make the story travel in the way it did.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun