Free background from VintageMadeForYou

13 September 2018

Review: Hamilton: The Revolution

Hamilton: The Revolution Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't give it 5 stars because I felt like I'm missing a portion having NOT seen it on Broadway. I probably will never get there to see it (fingers crossed for the traveling show). This book is lovely, beautifully written and pretty much perfect if there wasn't a stage show to still see. Hamilton entered my life last year in the form of the soundtrack and then I went to DC and saw all the Hamiltonish stuff to see there (and all the other Founding Father stuff I could do too)...I just need more. No art has effected me in this matter, and I haven't even seen the show LIVE; I can only imagine what that will do to me.

This book is a MUST for anyone who is interested in the show. Anyone who collects beautiful books (the spine is gorgeous and the pages invoke and old fashioned feeling) also needs to own this.

Thank you LMM for this.

Third reading December 28 to Jan 21

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!