Free background from VintageMadeForYou

13 September 2018

Review: The Paris Winter

The Paris Winter The Paris Winter by Imogen Robertson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I will tell you that I almost stopped reading this book at about 7% in. All I was getting was a poor girl that wanted to paint and she had a wealthy Russian friend. I actually stopped reading and picked up another book. For some reason, I opened this on my Kindle one last time and started reading. There it was the TWIST. That changed everything. I was sucked right into the world of 1909 Paris. As I said, Maud was boring to me at first. Just a typical starving artist until Tanya introduced her to Mr. Morel and Sylvie. Sylvie we find out is addicted to opium and Mr. Morel is trying to hide that fact from everyone, stating she is his little sister and he would do anything to protect her. The lies Mr. Morel tell get bigger from here until he does something that completely shocked me!! I mean my jaw dropped. From this point on, I could not wait to see what was going to happen. I am going to give this a 4 star because from about 12% on, the book was superb.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!