Free background from VintageMadeForYou

25 September 2018

Review: The Subway Girls

The Subway Girls The Subway Girls by Susie Orman Schnall
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was simply a lovely book. Subway cards fascinated me since I first saw the film "On the Town".
This book was kind of like that film in that the publicity didn't quite tell all the story of Miss Ivy Lynn no more than it told the whole story of this beauty from the cards. I really liked that. I also liked the modern storyline and how the two wove together was perfection (btw, I love BEN). I don't want to give out too much on the characters because I really think you don't need much so before so you won't get the story. Just know that this book is all about the past where the MTA chose Subway Girls to promote the subway. It was a beauty contest of sorts. You also need to know that these ladies were often not viewed as professionals or maybe of any count, just a thing of beauty. Our story tells the tale of Charlotte who longs terribly for a career but is blocked because she is a woman (there is no other reason). In the future, we see successful Olivia. She has a "grand" career, in a world of backstabbing and deceit. Charlotte and Olivia will join forces through time and get past a beauty contest. Yeah, I think I did it without giving too much away. Just read this, I do think you will love it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!