Free background from VintageMadeForYou

13 September 2018

Review: Empire Girls

Empire Girls Empire Girls by Suzanne Hayes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Set in the height of prohibition and full of speakeasys....this book will take you right back to the 20's. The tale of two sisters who don't seem to have one single thing in common, but are thrust to have the same interests to save the family home.

It took some time to get into this book. At first I wasn't sure what I was to side with while reading. I couldn't figure it out. After the girls moved to NYC, I was still a tad confused as to how, if anyone was to be the hero. About 1/2 way through, I began to see little clues and start piecing things together. I liked that it kept me guessing. Once I got to the point where I was figuring things out, I could not put it down.

Overall, time well spent.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!